Advanced Certificate Course in Management of Addictive Disorder
January – June 2021
Substance use disorders (SUDs/Addiction) (alcohol and other drug misuse) account for 5.4% of the world annual disease burden. While tobacco and alcohol have been the major legal substances of abuse in India, there has been a rapid and substantial increase in the use of marijuana, newer drugs of abuse (methamphetamine, LSD) and pharmaceuticals.
Adolescents are experimenting with drugs much earlier, placing them at a higher risk for addiction and related harm. Substance use has a substantial impact on not only on the user’s physical and mental health, but also has devastating consequences for the family and society at large. The growing problem of addictions (alcohol, drugs and behavioral health issues like gambling and internet addiction) on the one hand and lack of trained service providers on the other hand, led to a huge “treatment gap”. There is an urgent need to bridge this treatment gap in this specialized area of public health importance.
2. MD/DPM/DNB Psychiatry Residents (Completed or Ongoing).
3. Doctors (MBBS or above) who have completed the online “Certificate course in Basics of Addiction Management” course from CAM and VKN NDA ECHO.
1. Becoming equipped to handle patients with addiction related issues
2. Focussing on patient-centric care and increasing knowledge about evidence-based practice for addictive disorders
3. Becoming part of an addiction treatment experts network and real-time access and interaction with like-minded clinicians
4. Certificate of completion if fulfilling the course requirements
60hrs (46 hrs live sessions by zoom video conference at VKN ECHO + 14 hours self paced e-learning at elearn.vknnimhans.in)
Meet the Champions
Reflections from Champions
Help us to Democratize Knowledge! Share this course with your friends and family!