Mental health of women during pregnancy and postpartum can have a significant impact on overall health of the mother as well as the infant. Mental health disorders during pregnancy and postpartum need to be assessed and managed with focus on the mother-infant dyad. It is important to sensitize health professionals to perinatal mental health issues which would in turn aid in easy identification and treatment of various mental health disorders during the perinatal period. Hence this course has been planned by the Perinatal Psychiatric Service team of NIMHANS in with collaboration of VKN ECHOO NIMHANS Digital Academy.
At the end of the courses, learners will be able to:
- Identify and provide first line of treatment for common mental disorders in pregnancy and postpartum
- Identification of severe mental disorders management and sapof severe mental disorders in perinatal period
- Have an understanding of psychopharmacology in pregnancy and postpartum
- Mother-infant bonding assessment and interventions
- Psychosocial interventions that can be done in the perinatal period